Asin is back to Tamil film industries

Asin is back to Tamil film industries: Asin returns to Tamil after a long gap with Kaavalan directed by Malayalam director Siddique. Vijay plays Asin's Kaavalan or bodyguard in this Pongal release.
Over to Asin. Do you feel any difference in the way a Tamil film of yours is releasing as compared to a Hindi film? Is the feeling the same?

It's like your film releasing in your own language and in another language! The feeling is not the same. That is because you are familiar with the Tamil audience and their tastes. As I am quite new to the Hindi film industry, having done just two films, I am not that familiar with the audience and their tastes. Here, I am familiar with the audience and the audience is familiar with me and that is a big difference.

So, are you excited about the release of Kaavalan?

Yes, I am excited. This is my first time working with Siddique sir and my third with Vijay. Kaavalan is not like Sivakasi or Pokri; it's a love story. This is the first time that Vijay and I are doing a proper love story. Its not a typical commercial film with fights, koothu pattu and comedy but a good love story. Sivakasi and Pokri were the typical masala festival films but this is different. So, I am waiting to see the reaction of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment