Anushka Sharma: I am a considerable nomad

Anushka Sharma: I am a considerable nomad: In the event that Anushka had not been a character, she could have been a full time traveller.

Not the ordinary tourist who basically gallivants from one pretty spot to a different one.

She declares, "I don't enjoy sight viewing. For me, voyage is about meeting brand new individuals. It extends my skyline, specifically the treks that I tackle my own. "

She wishes to have more time and resources at her disposal. "I am quite a nomad.

If I could earn enough money, I would just travel for two-three years, from one place to another, without any plan," she says.


The travel bug got to her three years ago when she decided to pack her bags and go off to Galibore, a fishing camp located on the banks of the Cauvery river, for 10 days.

This was about the same time she had finished shooting for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. "Doing routine things and meeting the same people, I felt fidgety. I wanted to move out and meet new people," she says.

In Galibore, Anushka lived in tents in the midst of the wilderness. She was intrigued by an old German man, quietly sitting by the river. "This guy had travelled around the world. He knew so much about different cultures. I learnt there is more to life than what you do for a living. He ignited the urge in me to travel more and often."

The spark ignited then has grown stronger. Four months ago, Anushka took a trip to Ananda in Rishikesh, a serene place nestled in the Himalayas. Here, her attitude to life changed completely. "I met people from different countries. I have a habit of bickering about petty things in my life. One day while chatting, somebody told me, 'You are so young and you are already an actor'. I realsied that I should be happy with what I have achieved so far," she says.

While Anushka won't pick a favourite destination, she likes going off the beaten track and experimenting with the local cuisine. One such place is the Tenga Valley in Arunachal Pradesh, a tribal area inaccessible by road. "My dad was in the army and was posted there for two years. The locals are very friendly and simple. Conventional food items are hard to procure and it was the first time that I had a snake and a wild boar," she reminisces.

Due to her father's posting, Anushka also got to travel to Nal, an air force base situated on the outskirts of Bikaner in Rajasthan. "There was nothing much to do here. Interestingly, there were many local dhabas and I often got to taste authentic Rajasthani food,"she says. Next, on her itenerary is Bali. The world is just waiting to be explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment